Older 4’s to young 5’s
5-days: Mon through Fri
Afternoon: 1:15 to 4:15 p.m.
Bienvenue au Jardin Maternel!
The Teddy Bear Club bilingual preschool program extends through the kindergarten year. Our kindergarten program may be used either as a transitional kindergarten year for children too young to attend kindergarten, or as a regular kindergarten program for children planning to attend first grade the following year. Our high expectations for children’s academic achievement, the attainment of appropriate social skills and the development of self-assured, confident children make our program highly desirable.
Our kindergarten program goals are as follows:
- To develop a positive sense of self in the child
- To help the child achieve intellectual growth
- To expand the child’s knowledge of people, experiences, ideas, and things through an introduction to social studies and geography
- To increase competence and skills in language arts through reading, writing, listening, thinking, and speaking
- To increase competence in mathematics and science
- To increase physical coordination skills
- To increase competence in dealing with emotional feelings and social situations
- To increase competence in self-direction, initiative and independence
- To develop cooperative trusting relationships and team work
- To develop the child’s natural curiosity and his/her creative potential
The Jardin Maternel program provides children with the opportunity to participate in a balanced, multi-sensory curriculum that furthers their development of literacy skills, mathematics, science, social studies, computer and technology, performing and creative arts. In addition, the children continue their French language study by developing strong listening skills, expanding their vocabularies and formulating short sentences.
Building on the adventures of the Grand Jardin, Le Jardin Maternel children have the unique opportunity to broaden their knowledge of the world by exploring new countries and cultures.